modem: (250) 727-3335
Printer-friendly versions of this document:
AGREEMENT: In exchange for the use of this Network, I understand and agree to the following:
1. That the use of VICTORIA FREE-NET ASSOCIATION (ViFA) services is a privilege which may be revoked by the administrators of the system at any time for abusive conduct. Such conduct would include, but not be limited to, placing of unlawful information on the system, and the use of obscene, abusive, or otherwise objectionable language in either public or, upon registration of complaint, private messages. The staff of ViFA will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes obscene, abusive, or objectionable language.
2. That ViFA reserves the right to review any material stored in files to which all users have access and will edit or remove any material which the staff, in its sole discretion, believes may be unlawful, obscene, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
3. That all information services and features contained on ViFA are intended for the private use of its patrons, and any commercial or unauthorized use of those materials, in any form, is expressly forbidden.
4. That all information contained on ViFA is placed there for general informational and entertainment purposes and is, in no way, intended to refer or be applicable to any specific person, case, or situation.
5. To abide by such rules and regulations of system usage as may be promulgated from time to time by the administrators of ViFA.
6. That ViFA does not warrant that the functions of this system will meet any specific requirements you may have; nor that it will be error-free or uninterrupted; nor shall it be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information, or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation, or inability to use the system.
7. In consideration for the privilege of using ViFA and in consideration for having access to the information contained on it, I hereby release ViFA, its operators, and any institutions with which they are affiliated for any and all claims of any nature arising from my use, or inability to use, ViFA.
8. That the user agrees to indemnify the Victoria Free-Net Association.
NOTICE: All correspondence from ViFA to you will be sent to your ViFA e-mail address. This includes account expiry notices, which will occur if you do not explicitly confirm or renew your contact information once per year. IF YOU DO NOT RENEW, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED AFTER 15 MONTHS, AND DELETED AFTER 16.
DONATION / MEMBERSHIP
ViFA is a community-based computer information system. Victoria
Free-Net Association is a registered not-for-profit society in the province
of British Columbia. Financial contributions from users (donations and
memberships) are essential to support this system.
Becoming a member of the Association helps to support public access and public content on the information highway. It also means that you can vote at general meetings of the Association and run for the Board. Thank you for your interest and support.