[Advisors] a foundation funding model

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:24:57 -0500

Yes, I think you are absolutely right on here James.  We are dealing
with a particularly social policy adverse group on the Hill these
days.  We absolutely must align with their policies or go
home.  Skilled labour is an area that presents an opportunity.  And
forget about any kind of digital economy strategy.  As it is in
various other areas (environment, to mention one), their digital
economy strategy is an "unstrategy."  He (policy advisor) pretty much
made that clear.

I think we have some great suggestions coming forward under this
"foundation model" thread.  It is not going to happen overnight (or
even before Christmas).  If we are going to make this kind of
suggestion, we really do have to do some homework and keep thinking
it through.  I do have an acquaintance who runs a fairly large
foundation and after Christmas, perhaps I'll invite him out for lunch.

BTW:  I completely agree that the COIL name is a silly one. Garth had
a good rework of it -- RECOIL! (lol). I've always been terrible at
that sort of thing.  But I'm  just throwing out suggestions here --
and I'm totally happy to give them up to a better idea as soon as it
comes forward.

Marita