[Advisors] Re: TC workshops at the summit

estackho@nsngp.library.ns.ca estackho at nsngp.library.ns.ca
Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:44:41 -0400

Hi Marita,

One aspect that could be discussed is how to re-engage the feds and
engage provincial governments. In NS our provincial partner has come
on stronger which has been of great benefit. One part, for example, is
that the feds really transfer the administration of the financing and
reporting to the province which drastically simplifies it on IC's end.
And the province has slowly increased their funding committment over
the years, particularly directed at IT projects.

I am not exactly sure how things are beyond Atlantic Canada but I have
the feeling there is an absence of prov. govt. involvement. But my
information may be out of date.

Just a thought.

Eric