[Advisors] TC workshops at the summit

Clarice Leader cleader at mb.e-association.ca
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:49:54 -0600

--f46d041b4aa47a560404b52ed163

The Province of Manitoba opted out of being an MOA this fiscal year, ( the
agreement for Manitoba is now with us the Manitoba E-Association). the
Province has also indicated that unless there is a major revamp and a
guarantee of multiple year funding or at a minimum notification of next
year funding prior to the end of March, they will not participate as an MOA
partner. With regard to the libraries, the only libraries in the province
which do not received funding and technical support under CAP from Manitoba
E-Association for the provision of internet to its users are those in the
city of Winnipeg. There are 86 libraries classified as rural that receive
CAP funding through us. So to say that libraries can handle this on their
own is for Manitoba a misnomer.

--
Clarice Leader
Executive Director Manitoba E-Association

"Innovation is not the product of logical thought, even though the final
product is tied to a logical structure." Einstein

--f46d041b4aa47a560404b52ed163

The=A0Province=A0of Manitoba opted out of being an MOA this fiscal year, ( =
the agreement for=A0Manitoba=A0is now with us the Manitoba E-Association). =
the Province has also indicated that unless there is a major revamp and a g=
uarantee of multiple year funding or at a minimum notification of next year=
 funding prior to the end of March, they will not=A0participate as an MOA p=
artner.=A0With regard to the=A0libraries, the only=A0libraries=A0in the pro=
vince which do not received=A0funding=A0and technical support under CAP fro=
m Manitoba E-Association for the provision of internet to its users are tho=
se in the city of Winnipeg. There are 86=A0libraries=A0classified=A0as rura=
l that receive CAP funding=A0through=A0us. So to say that=A0libraries=A0can=
 handle this on their own is for=A0Manitoba=A0a misnomer.=A0=A0<br>
ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bev@pcna.ca">bev@pcna.ca</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<b=
r><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:=
1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Once we have a name for the workshop and an idea of who is attending we<br>
should send an invitation to the Minister and every level of IC CAP staff<b=
r>
down. =A0I send invitations to Penny and the regional staff in BC and alway=
s<br>
send one to Sonia but it&#39;s been many years since anyone has attended to=
discuss CAP.<br>
Bev<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>