[Advisors] moving to a new vision of CAP

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:19:30 -0400

CAP advisors just had a teleconference on national strategies and
there is a suggestion that the community needs to articulate a new
vision -- to help everyone move beyond the current paradigm and
certainly to get our act together on the national level.  So, is it
possible to build from the discussion we had at the BC summit described below:

Advancing Community Access in Canada: Toward a Better Strategy

This round table session will examine access strategies built around
fostering community leadership and investment.  It will specifically
seek input on how to reposition the CAP program to meet current
policy objectives which center on community economic
development.  Participants will also share stories and consider best
ways to sell such a vision to elected representatives at various
levels.  Discussion will be led by CAP administrators from Nova
Scotia, Nunavut, B.C. and Alberta.

BTW:  do we have "outcomes" somewhere from that discussion?

Marita