[Advisors] teleconference -- draft notes

Clarice Leader cleader at mb.e-association.ca
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:28:32 -0500

--e89a8ff1c3f2bf73f804be9927d6

I agree with Garth I did not say that.

On the small business side, my point was don't count on it as the Small
Business Internship Program will only run this year and will not continue
beyond that. We met with Victor Paul-Elias who is the Director of that
program this morning and three days before he and all his
staff received their letters saying their jobs were being cut he was being
offered more money (1,5M) for the program by HRSD (YES) because the program
was so successful and small business saw such a great return on the
investment. Then later this morning I received an email from an IC staff in
Ottawa who worked with us on CAPYI, did our reviews and claims and he has
been cut his last day is today. It make me wonder if CAPYI is really going
to happen. If it does not then we really have to figure out something
different.

Marita I am hoping to have a chance to review your notes this evening and
will get back to you.

--
Clarice Leader
Executive Director Manitoba E-Association

"Innovation is not the product of logical thought, even though the final
product is tied to a logical structure." Einstein

--e89a8ff1c3f2bf73f804be9927d6

=3D"gmail_extra">On the small business side, my point was don&#39;t count o=
n it as the Small Business Internship Program will only run this year and w=
ill not continue beyond that. We met with Victor Paul-Elias who is the Dire=
ctor of that program this morning and three days before he and all his staf=
f=A0received=A0their letters saying their jobs were being cut he was being =
offered more money (1,5M) for the program by HRSD (YES) because the program=
 was so successful and small business saw such a great return on the invest=
ment. Then later this morning I received an email from an IC staff in Ottaw=
a who worked with us on CAPYI, did our reviews and claims and he has been c=
ut his last day is today. It make me wonder if CAPYI is really going to hap=
pen. If it does not then we really have to figure out something different.<=
/div>
 hoping to have a chance to review your notes this evening and will get bac=
el Corbett <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Michael.Corbett@cannor.g=
c.ca" target=3D"_blank">Michael.Corbett@cannor.gc.ca</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<=
br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

rt with a new name). The new parameters that must be included are those tha=
t the government will feel comfortable recognizing as important, critical, =
deliverable and will generate votes.</div>

lks to where the jobs are, supplying the job market with appropriate labour=
,=A0basic education upgrades (not necessarily grade 12 or GEDs but educatio=
n , literacy and math, that will get folks into the labour force or advance=
 them. This is all economic development.</div>

.</div>
AP has delivered it but now it has to be shown how it will be cost efficien=
t, effective, and relieve the strain on the centres (don&#39;t know how tru=
thful that last point is).</div>

he short term to the economy, How it is part of the solution and can=A0supp=
ly some of=A0the tools for growth and broaden the economic base at the comm=
unity and regional and territorial/provincial and national levels. Economie=
s of scale. And, as was said during the call yesterday, having some private=
 sector partners is always advantageous.</div>

v>
0:26 PM, in message &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6A1DB501-C791-400A-B1E5-4195E2012=
0FC@ventus.ca" target=3D"_blank">6A1DB501-C791-400A-B1E5-4195E20120FC@ventu=
s.ca</a>&gt;, James Van Leeuwen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jvl@ventus.ca" target=
=3D"_blank">jvl@ventus.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
border=3D"0">
<tbody>
If the objective is to advance digital inclusion, can we leverage small bus=
iness development towards this end?<br>
small business development?<br><br>At risk of stating the obvious, the pres=
ent political climate doesn&#39;t lend itself to initiatives rooted in soci=
al justice and inclusion.<br>
t; On 2012-04-25, at 12:02 PM, Marita Moll wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; &lt;=
Advisor mtg-Apr25-12.doc&gt;<br>
&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; GG:=A0 Strong small business focus, not poverty =
focus<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Believe me, as the author of TC&#39;s digital inclus=
ion policy, I definitely did NOT say that and don&#39;t believe it (and nei=
ther did Clarice).=A0 I think James first said that.<br>
nk">Advisors@tc.ca</a><br>&gt; <a href=3D"http://victoria.tc.ca/mailman/lis=
visors</a><br>
t<br><a href=3D"mailto:Advisors@tc.ca" target=3D"_blank">Advisors@tc.ca</a>=