[Advisors] CIRA elections -- member slate

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:58:34 -0400

Last year many of you supported me in a bid to get on the CIRA board as
an advocate for communities and a community vision of Internet access in
Canada.  We did very well -- making 4th -- actually 3rd minus only one
vote that came in late.  This year I was hedging about whether to take
another run at it when I was contacted by the person who came in second
-- Kevin McArthur -- also a very public-interest oriented candidate.  He
suggested that we were on the same wavelength.  Maybe we should
cooperate and maybe one of us would actually get in.

So, after thinking about it for awhile, I thought that he is actually
closer to winning than I am.  But with some of our support, he could go
over the top.  And then, we could have someone on the board who owes us
a favour.... never a bad thing.

So, I'm not running.   Here is Kevin's platform:
https://www.kevinforcira.ca/.

Tell me what you think about supporting him.  Perhaps there are some
things we would like to see added to this platform in return.

Marita