[Advisors] ltr to InCan policy advisor re: CAP/libraries

Marie Prebushewski mpreb at sasktel.net
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:07:34 -0600

Hi Marita
In Saskatchewan the CAP sites in two regions (West Central and East Central)
comprising 136 sites are involved in providing leadership and resources for
community and economic development. There have been major emphasis and
initiatives in First Nation communities (2.5 million dollar Centre of
Excellence, 3 Worker Co-operatives, development of small businesses on
reserve, Business training and skills development etc).  Libraries don't do
any of this stuff. Further
few libraries are involved in providing internship opportunities through CAP
YI or other agencies - Our non library CAP sites have been providing
internships for 10 years. (204 sites approximately)

Please wordsmith to suit your letter but these are true facts.

Marie