[Advisors] Service Canada Centres for Youth closures

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:22:14 -0500

Hello advisors.  Apparently HRSCD has discontinued the Service Canada
Centres for Youth, claiming the centres were no longer being used by
youth. The chairperson of the Canadian Federation of Students is
looking for any resources that talk about gaps in access to
technology/internet for young people in order to fight this closure.

We know that many youth use CAP sites for internet access and that
CAP sites often offer assistance with tasks such as finding
employment. Is there an overlap here?  Are some CAP sites serving as
Service Canada Centres for Youth.

I'm not sure how to respond to this request for info. Any comments out there?

Marita