[Advisors] article re: the non-showing of CAP documentary

Dan Robichaud admin at halifaxcap.ca
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:43:50 -0400

I take all your points, and agree the article is well balanced.

To clear confusion...

The Province of Nova Scotia was formally and politely asked to provide
information, but refused.  As result, myself, as well as other organizations
that monitor this type of activity, have file numerous Right to Access claims
in order to obtain all the original surrounding documentation.

The Province has until Monday to respond under the Right to Access legislation.

Regardless of what happened in Vancouver, and regardless of what steps were
taken to remedy the situation...

When the State asks a party for a work of art, in any form, not to be shown,
that in itself constitutes an act of censure, and in Canada, to my knowledge,
such acts are subject to review by an appropriate tribunal.

This entire situation could have been avoided entirely - I agree. A simple
"mea culpa" and fully transparent explanation from the Province would have
suffice - but the province chose a different route for itself.

I fully anticipate to receive a notice on Monday from informing me that the
Department has applied for an extension on the FOIPOP, again avoiding the
simple solution.

Dan Robichaud

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:46:21 -0400, Marita Moll wrote