[Advisors] CIRA forum - digital lit. ques & answ.

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:02:48 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_01C8_01CDA3A9.C0694F60

A belated thanks to Marita for raising this issue and the responses are
quite interesting--particularly that from Michael Geist.  I think that in
whatever way possible we should support him in developing the idea of an
arm's length organization to support Digital Literacy and other non-core
Internet related CIRA functions (the Brazil .br/CGI provides a very useful
model I think).

I should perhaps mention that I'm chairing a session at the Internet
Governance Forum in Baku, Azerbaijan next month on Internet Governance
Mechanisms dealing specifically with this issue and with the intention of
making the Brazil model more widly known, and I'm copying this to Michael G.
as a specific invitation to him and any other CIRA directors (?) who may be
in Baku to attend and contribute.

Best to all,