[Advisors] FW: [ciresearchers] The emergence of local crowdsourced politicians in Australia

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 18:17:35 PST 2014

I’d love to see something like this tried in Canada where we have an increasingly out of touch political class… An increasing majority of the population wants the current Harper government sent packing but the opposition parties can’t agree to collaborate to elect the appropriate number of Members of Parliament who could form a government. This leaves Harper and his colleagues with the possibility of a further term in office with even less of the popular vote than they got last time (39.8%)!.