[Advisors] CIRA elections

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Jul 23 20:28:43 PDT 2014

Hello advisors

Election time is coming around once again for the CIRA board of
directors.  I have now spent one year on the Community Investment
Selection Committee, a few months on the ISOC board, attended every
public meeting CIRA has held in the last few years, and actively run as
a candidate the last two years.  I think that puts me in a good position
this year to have a serious crack at it.  But I will still really be
needing all your support.  If you have a .ca domain name or are
administering a .ca domain name, you can apply for membership and vote
in this election in September.  But you must be a member by *August 26*
to participate (new rules to satisfy the new Non-profit Corporations Act).

If you took out a membership before and still have the domain name, your
membership should still be valid.  If you are not sure, please take a
moment to check it out before Aug. 26.  You can check your member status
in just a few seconds at this address:

https://member.cira.ca/main/search/en

It makes a difference to have some community members in all these
Internet decision making places  (ICANN, ISOC, CIRA, etc.)  It is
surprising sometimes how far away these bodies get from their base
clientele (you and me) and start to live in their own hermetically
sealed worlds.