[Advisors] At-Large Summit London (ATLAS) Preparation

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Thu Mar 13 08:56:43 PDT 2014

This morning I learned that ALAC has received an ALS application from Open Media <https://openmedia.ca/operate> signed by Reilly Yeo, Managing Director.  That triggers a process of due diligence by ICANN staff and an acceptance procedure. Once in, they'll be a member of NARALO.  Given Open Media's broad base of support and crowd sourcing skills, it would appear as if NARALO is heading towards having significant capacity to act as a node in an active network of public interest/ public trust organizations concerned about issues of Internet use and governance.

GG

re: outreach -- I recently heard (through the newly forming ISOC-Canada) that Alberta is about to be delisted as an ALAC community.  The group that registered hasn't been active for years.  I put James in touch with Glenn McKnight re: starting up an Alberta group that would be active.  You (Garth) may also want to be part of that discussion.