[Advisors] At-Large Summit London (ATLAS) Preparation

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:11:05 PDT 2014

Garth,

Below you say "NARALO is heading towards having significant capacity to act
as a node in an active network of public interest/ public trust
organizations concerned about issues of Internet use and governance".

This would appear to mean that ICANN (or at least ICANN supported/associated
formations) are (or should be) concerned with matters which are currently
rather beyond ICANN's specific mandate in the governance of Internet "names
and numbers" and more in the general area(s) of Internet governance (for
example privacy, access, cybercrime, even taxation and so on.

Without arguing one way or the other on this could you explain (particularly
in the context of your current activities within the ICANN context).

Tks,