[Advisors] At-Large Summit London (ATLAS) Preparation

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Fri Mar 14 13:40:52 PDT 2014

If you are raising an eyebrow on "within the ICANN context," I'd agree with you.  ALS's are certainly supported within the framework of an agreement that constrains what they can and are expected to do within ICANN.  See for example: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264679/naralo-mou-en-28jun07.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1294827941000

But what ICANN has joined together does not forbid dalliance outside that marriage of convenience.  What I meant was a couple of things simple, but more than trivial, outside of ICANN.  NARALO's resources and engagement are generating and sustaining interactions and interdependences (connections) among individuals and organizations with similar interests.  That has to be of value in surfacing issues and acting on them in other contexts.  And also nothing stops ALAC/NARALO for pushing the limits of the [acceptable?] within ICANN.

GG