[Advisors] Too many cc's

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Thu May 22 12:20:50 PDT 2014

This is a modest request from your humble advisors list administrator.  You may have noticed some confusion, delay and duplication over the recent board meeting email.  The original message contained way more cc's than the list spam filter is set for.  Those on the cc recipients list got the memo immediately.  But there are 68 members on the list and the cc's caused the list server software to block the primary "advisors" email and await my manual approval.  It took me a bit of time to spot that this was happening.  And, by the time I did, and up to this morning, many who'd got a copy via a cc were hitting "reply all."  Of course the list server continued to block the "advisor" address, waiting for my approval.  In the interests of letting everyone subscribed to advisor see what's going, I eventually approved all of them.  Thus anyone cc'd the original message has been getting everything on that thread at least twice.

My request is - please don't go overboard with CC's…

GG