[Advisors] CIRA elections -- not this time

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sun Sep 28 16:40:49 PDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who supported me for the CIRA board --  but I didn't
make it, as some of you will have seen.  There were a couple of people
who finished ahead who are already on the board and running for another
term -- and just like all elections, that gives them the edge.  So I
finished 3rd, which I thought was pretty respectable, given the
circumstances.

All this does give me enough profile with CIRA to be invited to the
Canadian Internet Forum (Oct. 9) and to be part of the Community
Investment Program evaluation term -- so, as far as I am concerned, it
is all worthwhile.  I will represent the interests of community based
networks in both these fora as best I can.