[Advisors] Telecommunities Canada -- are we letting it go?

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Sep 29 10:17:42 PDT 2014

I'd be interested in learning more about that US shift, James.  Since the purpose of leadership is the protection of convention and thus the survival of the institutional basis of its power, I suspect that "unconventional leadership" is an oxymoron.  Castels and others have made recent reference to a culture of autonomy, a shift in the role of the individual.  "Civil society" hates this because autonomous individuals threaten the conventional "balance" among business, governments and civil society without which civil society doesn't exist. I suspect that US leadership reflects that very threatening increased individual autonomy in some way.  I know of no such intellectual reframing in Canada.

GG