[Advisors] TC -- moving ahead in 2015

James Van Leeuwen jvl at ventus.ca
Sun Jan 25 21:27:56 PST 2015

Garth,

We don't need more leadership, just better leadership... more courageous, and more intelligent.

Leadership that smacks people up the sides of their heads... figuratively speaking.

What if TC were to focus on researching, defining, measuring and communicating the economic, social and environmental benefits of digital inclusion and community broadband?

Almost every analytic or metric I've seen has focused on "internal" cost/benefit of broadband development for facility owners and/or operators.

I haven't seen anyone taking a systematic and comprehensive approach to assessing external economic, social and environmental costs and benefits, which is the real bone marrow of community broadband.

TC's advocacy will be far more effective when it's backed up by hard numbers...

James