[Advisors] Update / Speedtest / Contacts?

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Tue May 5 10:44:24 PDT 2015

Good afternoon ... Attached is an email from Fenwick Mckelvey
(fenwick.mckelvey at concordia.ca) with the press release from CIRA concerning
the new online speed test tool his team created to document the reality
Canadians are experiencing in their work with the telecommunication
corporations across the country.

I hope EVERYONE will distribute this information to their networks across
the country using every means possible (staff, community contacts, social
media, twitter, etc). With the new CRTC hearing on the Basic Service
Objectives, the information obtained using this speedtest tool will assist
every group to better present their case to the CRTC commissioners.

Thanks in advance for your help in getting this information out to everyone
across the country!

Woliwon

Brian Beaton
Researcher, First Nations Innovation Project Doctoral Candidate, Faculty of
Education, Critical Studies, University of New Brunswick Research Associate,
Keewaytinook Okimakanak Research Institute Settler ally of Indigenous
peoples and future generations Contact Details:
Snail Mail: Box 104, Station A, Unceded Wolastoqey Traditional Lands,
Fredericton, NB, E3B 4Y2
T: 506-261-1344
E: brian.beaton at unb.ca
Associated Websites:
First Mile Connectivity Consortium (FMCC) and First Mile Initiative -
Sharing First Nation ICT stories and innovations - http://firstmile.ca
University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Education, Graduate Studies and
Mi'kmaq-Wolastoqey Institute - http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/education and
http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/education/mmi
First Nations Innovation - Researching and Publishing First Nation ICT
innovations - http://fn-innovation-pn.com and http://fni.firstnation.ca KO
Tribal Council - http://knet.ca and KORI - http://research.knet.ca
e-Community - Bringing People Together with ICT innovations -
http://e-community.knet.ca