[Advisors] YI Delays

Bev Collins bev at pcna.ca
Sun May 10 16:56:11 PDT 2015

I see some reasons behind the delays now...

I was told last week by our Industry Canada officer that it was Treasury board that "was not keen on the YI program as they associate it with the CAP program that ended in 2012 and question why this program has not also ended."   The delays are with Treasury Board - last year it was very late.

If you all remember in 2010 it was then Industry Canada Minister Tony Clement that cancelled cap then quickly reinstated it when caught in a media scrum - how embarrassing was that.   Now he's Treasury Board chair.

Bev