[Advisors] consultation re: WSIS outcomes

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 09:45:48 PDT 2015

Hi Marita and all,

Attached please find the contribution of the Just Net Coalition in response
to the WSIS +10 discussion paper ("non-paper").

And here is the link

 <http://workspace.unpan.org/sites/Internet/Documents/UNPAN94965.pdf>
http://workspace.unpan.org/sites/Internet/Documents/UNPAN94965.pdf

Since I have been pre-occupied with family matters for the last few months
my contribution to this statement was quite limited and as a consequence it
did not include the following which I have submitted to the WSIS +10
consultation process independently of the JNC statement.

Special attention should be paid to the support of grassroots and local
community based ICT for Development efforts specifically in the provision of
local Internet access, training and the development and management of the
range of Internet enabled services and activities which provide the
framework and impetus for development.