[Advisors] municipal broadband database -- Open Media

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Sep 22 07:14:23 PDT 2015

In the flurry of the summer, I think I neglected to circulate this item
-- a project funded by the CIRA CIP program.  This was something that TC
had identified in our conference call on municipal broadband.  I think
it will be a useful tool.  Is anyone on this list working with OpenMedia
already on this?

    OpenMedia

Amount funded: $37,000.00

Connecting Canadian Communities

Working together with nearly half a million supporters, diverse
businesses, and public institutions, this project will create a
world-class online platform that educates Canadians about the impact and
value of municipal broadband in urban, rural, and remote communities.
This platform will inform and connect Canadians on municipal broadband
initiatives, offering tools to collaboratively reimagine how such
projects could benefit communities.