[Advisors] enviro scan -- please fill in the gaps

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Sat Jan 9 19:33:50 PST 2016

Marita … Michael is correct that there are numerous community-owned networks
across the country for lots of different reasons. We have a partial list of
regional intermediary First Nation technology support organizations from
across Canada (I am sure there are others to be found working in different
sectors – health, education, governance/political, justice, etc) … here is
that list that we pulled together so far .…

Some regional Indigenous intermediary technology organizations:

Region

Organization

URL

B.C.

First Nations Technology Council

 <http://www.technologycouncil.ca/> http://www.technologycouncil.ca/

B.C.

All Nations Trust Company

http://www.pathwaystotechnology.ca/

Alberta

(First Nations) Technical Services Advisory Group

 <http://www.tsag.net/> http://www.tsag.net/

Saskatchewan

Keewatin Career Development Corporation

 <http://www.kcdc.ca/> http://www.kcdc.ca/

Manitoba

Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs

 <http://www.manitobachiefs.com/> http://www.manitobachiefs.com/

Manitoba

Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO)

 <http://www.mkonorth.com/> http://www.mkonorth.com/

Manitoba

Broadband Communications North

 <http://www.gobcn.ca/> http://www.gobcn.ca/

Ontario

K-Net Services

 <http://knet.ca/> http://knet.ca/

Ontario

Northern Indigenous Community Satellite Network (NICSN)

http://smart.knet.ca/satellite/

Ontario

Western James Bay Telecom Network

http://wjbtn.com/

Quebec

First Nations Education Council

 <http://www.cepn-fnec.com/> http://www.cepn-fnec.com/

Quebec (Nunavik)

Tamaani Internet Services

 <http://tamaani.ca/> http://tamaani.ca/

Quebec (Eeyou Istchee)

Eeyou Communication Network

 <http://www.eeyou.ca/en/home> http://www.eeyou.ca/en/home

Atlantic Canada

Atlantic Canada First Nations Help Desk

 <http://firstnationhelp.com/> http://firstnationhelp.com/

Yukon

Council of Yukon First Nations

 <http://cyfn.ca/> http://cyfn.ca/

Nunavut

Nunavut Broadband Development Corporation

 <http://www.nunavut-broadband.ca> www.nunavut-broadband.ca

Woliwon

Brian Beaton

Researcher, First Nations Innovation Project

Doctoral Candidate, Faculty of Education, Critical Studies, University of
New Brunswick

Research Associate, Keewaytinook Okimakanak Research Institute

Settler ally of Indigenous peoples and future generations

Contact Details:

Snail Mail: Box 104, Station A, Unceded Wolastoqey Traditional Lands,
Fredericton, NB, E3B 4Y2

T: 506-261-1344

E:  <mailto:brian.beaton at unb.ca> brian.beaton at unb.ca

 <http://firstmile.ca/> http://firstmile.ca