[Advisors] Telus - internet for good project

Tracey Axelsson vcned at vcn.bc.ca
Mon Jan 9 12:34:03 PST 2017

Hi all

In case you missed it - TELUS launched this project with the BC government
and Computers for School - it's not tied to a housing complex - it is any
single parent living on Ministry assistance.

https://about.telus.com/community/english/news_centre/news_releases/blog/2016/10/14/telus-launches-internet-for-good-pilot-to-support-18000-british-columbian-families

Just for info - VCN has been supplying free wifi to a few shelters in the
Downtown Eastside and is working with a consortium of do-gooders(!) to get
a non-profit house in the areas access.

all the best, Tracey!
-----------------
Tracey Axelsson
Executive Director - *Vancouver Community Network (VCN)*
280 - 111 West Hastings Street,    Vancouver, BC    V6B 1H4
t: 778.724.0241

                             *Consider the environment before printing.*

VCN offers great services to all for IT support and web development at very
affordable rates.
We deeply appreciate your referral of Tech|team <http://techteam.vcn.bc.ca/>
 & Web|team <http://webteam.vcn.bc.ca/> services.

Our social enterprise work supports VCN's charitable efforts; providing
free access to the Internet, email, and computer access to youth, seniors
and vulnerable people in our community.

*Personally however, I have always considered autonomy to be a bigger
builder of trust than anonymity.*

                                                                Garth Graham