[Advisors] Supporting community intervention at CRTC

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon Sep 25 12:43:49 PDT 2017

Hello folks. At today's teleconference Brian Beaton mentioned that the
First Mile Connectivity Consortium was actively engaged in discussions
regarding the new $750M CRTC fund to support rural and remote
connectivity. Apparently there is still time to support FMCC's
intervention which I have linked below.

http://firstmile.ca/wp-content/uploads/FMCC-2017-112-Reply-Comments-FINAL.pdf

Unless there are objections, perhaps Brian could let us know how we can
support this at this stage of the game.

I really like Appendix 2 (p.22) highlighting non-profits' consensus
broadband fund design principles signed by a number of public interest
organizations.