[Advisors] Supporting community intervention at CRTC

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Mon Sep 25 16:44:02 PDT 2017

Thanks for the follow up Marita .. As I mentioned all the submissions are
available online at the CRTC site (initial intervention ­ June 25; responses
and comments ­ August 25) at
https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/ListeInterventionList/Default-Defaut.aspx?en
=2017-112&dt=i&lang=e&S=C&PA=t&PT=nc&PST=a

The next step is for the CRTC to review the replies & suggested questions to
see if they need more info from the parties participating in this process.
Once that step is done then they will put out a date when the final
submissions are due. The final submissions can contain additional support
statements for a position so I would think a letter from TC endorsing the
FMCC position would be useful in the Final Submission (it can only be a max
of 15 pages so if space permits [smiles]) .. But we can post it on the web
site and reference it as a link and in the body of our final submission.

>From the CRTC site, the revised dates for this consultation is described as:

Accordingly, the Commission revises certain procedural dates set out in
Telecom Notice of Consultation 2017-112. For ease of reference, the relevant
paragraphs of that notice are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in
bold italics.

56. All parties may file replies to interventions with the Commission by 25
August 2017. As part of their replies, parties may propose questions to be
included in the Commission¹s requests for information to parties.

57. The Commission may request information, in the form of interrogatories,
from any party to the proceeding.

58. All parties will be permitted to file final submissions with the
Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, by a deadline
to be determined at a later date. Final submissions, including an executive
summary, are not to exceed 15 pages.

THOUGHTS??

Brian