[Advisors] CIRA elections -- no my turn this time

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sun Oct 7 09:12:14 PDT 2018

Thanks to everyone here for their support for my candidacy during the
CIRA elections. It was not my turn this time -- and one always has to
expect such surprises with elections.  I will continue to do whatever I
can to raise the profile on communities online in whatever fora I am
engaged in. For the next year, it will be through my position on the
At-large council at ICANN and the steering committee for the Canadian
Internet Governance Forum.

One of our colleagues, Brian Beaton, is currently on the CIRA community
investment fund evaluation team. And I know Brian will keep reminding
everyone that communities have many needs that are sometimes not
apparent to those who sit around these tables.