[Advisors] Looking for covid-19 stories

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 15 07:25:02 PDT 2020

Hello advisors. Monique's e-mail about Communautique's current projects
got me thinking about trying to gather information on what is happening
in our community networks, on how the lockdown has affected our work,
projects undertaken, projects put on hold, etc. How have the networks we
are working with have been used to help our communities survive this
crisis, how it has changed our work or the way we work. I thought I
might put together a brief summary and post it on our website.

For my part, all ICANN f2f meetings have been cancelled at least until
September. The most recent meeting, Cancun in early March, was a 5 day
zoom-a-thon. Luckily, Cancun was in my time zone, so this happened
during the day. I won't be as lucky in the next iteration which was
scheduled for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in June. That is a 12 hour time
zone shift for me. I might have to move into the garage! The community
is working with ICANN.org on finding ways to make the current virtual
meeting scenario more productive.

Stay safe all