[Advisors] CIRA elections

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Fri Sep 25 11:07:47 PDT 2020

Thanks for the reminder Marita. I voted for Andrew Escobar. Having worked with him on the board for nine years I feel he is an excellent choice. He is very engaged and not afraid to speak out when his opinion is different from the rest of the board. David Mackey would also be a good choice. I didn’t vote for him because I think Andrew has more support and I don’t want them to split the vote and allow someone else to get in.

I am voting for Jill Kowalchuk, Ryan Black, and Corinne Charette on the nominating committee slate. Jill and Ryan are both returning board members. The board has had a lot of turnover. From nine years ago Andrew is the only board member still there and he has a fight on his hands to get elected. I sat on the Community Investment committee with Jill. I was impressed with her work ethic. She co-chaired the committee. Corinne was a close call with Alourdes Sully. The board needs more women and more diversity in general. In the end I picked Corinne because she is fluent in French, There is a lack of French speakers on the board.

Kerry Brown