[Advisors] CIRA elections

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Fri Sep 25 09:53:16 PDT 2020

Hello advisors. If you are member of CIRA you will have received your
voting ID and passwords for this year's elections. You might also be
getting messages from people asking for your vote. This is a practice,
although legal under the not-for-profit act (which needs updating), is
actually acting as a deterrent for many excellent community candidates
who would probably not have the resources to do this and/or would never
engage in this kind of spamming in the first place.

There are plenty of good community candidates this year. I think Andrew
Escobar and David Mackey are both excellent choices. There are also a
number of women running with great credentials. I urge you to have a
close look at these candidates.

Cheers