[Advisors] Affordable Internet Day of Action - March 16

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon Mar 15 16:32:18 PDT 2021

Hello advisors. March 16 is the Affordable Internet Day of Action.
Openmedia is holding many activities as part of this activity. TC has
signed on along with many (if indeed most) other Canadian Internet
advocacy groups. There is an online conference going on starting at 1pm.
EST.

You can register for it here --https://affordable-internet.ca/
<https://affordable-internet.ca/>

There are lots of interesting speakers. Unfortunately, I am already
committed for almost the entire time, so probably won't manage to get to
any of it. Anyone who does manage to find the time to participate, I
hope you might share some of your thoughts on this at our next meeting
(last week of March).

In the next e-mail I will forward a message I received from OpenMedia
about the various other activities they have been organizing around this
effort. It is a rather timely event, given today's announcement that
Rogers is planning to take over Calgary based Shaw Cable, a move that
would make Rogers Cable the second largest media company in Canada, next
to Bell. This kind of corporate concentration in an essential industry
like communications does not usually bode will for prices.