[Advisors] Fwd: Important info for participants, Affordable Internet Day of Action on March 16

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon Mar 15 16:49:30 PDT 2021

Hello again, advisors. For your information, here is the message from
OpenMedia which I received Friday night detailing the many activities
around this action. I have not contributed anything to these suggested
activities ---- the timeline was just too short. We did sign on -- but I
was late in getting our logo in -- had to commission an updated one
which I just received this morning. We will be better prepared next
time, I think.

This Day of Action is a collaborative effort, and we really want to
encourage you to make it your own! We’ve included a few materials below
to try and help provide some structure and opportunity for joint
efforts. But you are under absolutely no pressure to use them. And if
you have anything else you would like us to share or add, please send it
through! We want to make sure everyone’s participation and existing work
gets highlighted.

The louder we are, the better this day will be!

Here is the information you will need for Tuesday’s Day of Action launch:

Housekeeping:

  *

    Press Release:

        Do you want to provide a quote for the joint Press Release
        <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11HwZNhh4w3ImOoatGRRRNRbhj22u0ids/view?usp=sharing>being
        sent on Tuesday, March 16? If interested, please submit your
        quote by 5 pm ET Monday, March 15. Please send to BRYAN:
        bryan at openmedia.org<mailto:bryan at openmedia.org>

        Additionally, if you wish to be listed as a media contact on the
        Press Release, please send your name, title, and contact
        informationto BRYAN by 5 pm ET Monday, March 15:
        bryan at openmedia.org <mailto:bryan at openmedia.org>

  *

    Joint Letter to Prime Minister Trudeau, Minister Champagne, and CRTC
    Chair Scott:

        Do you want to sign on to the Day of Action open letter
        <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q9C9ugqlQfiDoepT5vTOGPMFJNZvCl6bOdtroiQkdvM/edit>?
        Please notify LAURA by 10 am ET, Monday, March
        15:laura at openmedia.org <mailto:laura at openmedia.org>

        Important note to current signatories: A few small edits have
        been made to the wording of the letter since first circulated.
        The letter is now closed for additional changes. You can review
        the changes made in the document, and please let us know if for
        some reason you’d like to withdraw your endorsement before the
        delivery date.

  *

    Zoom event:

        If you are notspeaking at the live event, but wish to tune in,
        you can register for the Zoom event here:
        https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S8FUectzRTONovFcxvgtrA
        <https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S8FUectzRTONovFcxvgtrA>

        Panel speakers should have received an email with a custom zoom
        link for joining their panel. If you have not, check your email
        and contact PETER: pnowak at teksavvy.ca <mailto:pnowak at teksavvy.ca>.

  *

    Website Content:

        Do you have an advocacy action you want included on the website,
        to ask members of the public to take action? Please send a link
        and one sentence description to PETER: pnowak at teksavvy.ca
        <mailto:pnowak at teksavvy.ca>

  *

    Do you have educational resources about Canada’s Internet
    affordability crisis you want us to link on the website? Please send
    them to PETER: pnowak at teksavvy.ca <mailto:pnowak at teksavvy.ca>

General Information/Links:

  *

    We’ve put together an extensive Participant package/social media
    materials
    <https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/1KbKB0Qxx9Mk8mvfTwiHUt0UbZVMMbLwg6WjXqH2eDvY/edit>document
    to support your participation in the Day of Action (English, French
    coming)

        Includes content (graphics
        <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WACRkxgu8rJrZU_MBLT3sCxlxt8S8Yjr?usp=sharing>,
        copy) for sharing on social media, as well as all of the
        relevant links and information you need to make the most of the
        Day of Action.

        Note: French social media content is in production and will be
        circulated on Monday.

  *

    Main website, Agenda, and Participants <https://affordable-internet.ca/>

  *

    Zoom panel registration link
    <https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S8FUectzRTONovFcxvgtrA>

  *

    Joint letter (final version)
    <https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/1q9C9ugqlQfiDoepT5vTOGPMFJNZvCl6bOdtroiQkdvM/edit>

  *

    (DRAFT) Press release
    <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11HwZNhh4w3ImOoatGRRRNRbhj22u0ids/view?usp=sharing>

  *

    Public-facing action/campaign URLs:

        Tell the Feds: Internet for All!  - via ACORN:

          +

            https://acorncanada.org/take-action/internet-all-tell-feds
            <https://acorncanada.org/take-action/internet-all-tell-feds>

        Call your MP: Tell them Affordable Internet NOW! - via OpenMedia

          +

            https://openmedia.org/AffordableInternetNow-DOA
            <https://openmedia.org/AffordableInternetNow-DOA>

        Email your MP: Tell them you’re done waiting for lower prices -
        via OpenMedia

          +

            https://openmedia.org/DoneWaiting-DOA
            <https://openmedia.org/DoneWaiting-DOA>

        Sign the petition: Demand cheaper, faster Internet for everyone
        in Canada - via OpenMedia

          +

            https://openmedia.org/GetCanadaConnected-DOA
            <https://openmedia.org/GetCanadaConnected-DOA>

As always, you are welcome to reach out to me at any time via
dayofaction at openmedia.org <mailto:dayofaction at openmedia.org>if you have
questions or concerns. Thank you all for your patience, time, and
energy. This is really shaping up to be an amazing event — so we deeply
appreciate your participation!

See you on Tuesday,Erin
Erin Knight
Digital Rights Campaigner, OpenMedia