[Advisors] mtg with Michel Mersereau recording

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu May 27 07:27:42 PDT 2021

Hello advisors. We had a great session with Michel Mersereau this week
whose research is extremely relevant to this community. If you were
unable to attend, I hope you will take some time to listen to it. He has
done some indepth analysis on how internet access or the lack thereof
impacts the life of households and of residents of housing communities.
He is also doing a lot of outreach in the Toronto area with political
and social leaders to raise awareness and promote action.

I genuinely hope we can continue supporting on-going work like this and
the NCF MESH Network proposal we heard about last month -- both of which
deal with internet access issues among our less advantaged citizens. The
pandemic has finally laid bare the gaps we all knew about. Perhaps it
will also lead to programs which will resolve these issues. But for
sure, that won't happen if there is no activity pushing decision-makers
in that direction.

Thanks to Andrew at NCF for archiving this meeting:

https://youtu.be/zeZDNmBxyIs <https://youtu.be/zeZDNmBxyIs>