[Advisors] UN Global Digital Compact

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Mar 16 15:58:58 PDT 2023

Hi Advisors. Thanks to all for your interest in the WSIS discussion over
the past few days. And there will be more to come --

Meanwhile, there are other processes that we can contribute to right
now. The most pressing of these is called the UN Global Digital Compact.

"The Global Digital Compact is expected to “outline shared principles
for an open, free and secure digital future for all”.

Deadline for contributions has just been extended to April 30 and we can
make individual submissions or a joint submission through this website:
https://www.un.org/techenvoy/global-digital-compact
<https://www.un.org/techenvoy/global-digital-compact>

I have not had time to look too closely at this -- but it looks to be
set up in plain language. It should not be too onerous to fill in the
boxes if we can work out a system to collaborate on the responses. Most
of the questions will be principles oriented and I think we can probably
agree on basic shared principles for and open internet. Let's try

I will be getting ready to travel to my place in Germany over the next
few days -- so time is limited this coming week. But perhaps someone is
interested in taking an initial crack at it.