[Advisors] Welcome Joel Templeman

Clarice Leader clarice.leader at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:14:28 PDT 2023

At this time I am very pleased to welcome Joel Templeman as a new member
joining our Telecommunities organization. The following is some information
Joel provided to be included in his welcome letter .

To the members of Telecommunities I am the Joel Templeman the founder and
current Executive Director of the Internet Society Manitoba Chapter Inc.
The chapter was created in 2021 with a vision of bringing together anyone
in the province who has or is working on digital inclusion with a goal of
amplifying our voice and building more resources and advocacy to improve
connectivity and digital education in the province.

I am also a graduate student at the University of Calgary with a focus on
the impacts of connectivity (or lack there of) on learning in a digital
age.

Born and still living my life in Winnipeg, I want to significantly improve
the state of connectivity in the province, but specifically in trying to
achieve the vision of an Internet that was alive in the 1980s/90s where
people were prized over profits.

I am interested in participating with Telecommunities Canada because of its
rich legacy of work in this field and in its ongoing efforts where they
align with our mission.

Additional info about my personal and professional life is available at:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joel-templeman/

http://joeltempleman.ucalgaryblogs.ca/about/

Joel has also indicated that he has an idea about Digital Inclusion Week in
October 2024, and that they are looking at a national event for next year.
He has indicated that he will provide some info and see if TC wants to be
involved. Personally I would be very happy to participate with Joel  in
such an event.

Thanks to all