Victoria Free-Net Association (ViFA) began in 1992 to address digital inclusion through the use of a computerized and publically accessible community networking system that supports all citizens in gaining the capacity to integrate the use of internet comfortably into their lives.
Free-Net was the first public Internet service provider (ISP) in Victoria. We offer Internet access, email, website & server hosting capacity at low cost to the consumer. Our purpose as a not-for-profit is to direct services towards those who may find themselves excluded from full participation in the digital economy. To meet growing information and communications technological needs of community and service agencies, and to show their essential value, we are expanding services to offer expertise to not-for-profits, small businesses & professionals to help them develop and manage their own technology services.
board of directors
- President: Garth Graham
- Secretary: Marcel Giannelia (Felix)
- Treasurer: Kevin Battersby
- Director: Sue Hanley
- Director: Monique Dubord (MoniQ)
- Marcel Giannelia (Felix), ITC Manager, Programmer
- Kevin Battersby, IT Technician
- Monique N. Dubord (MoniQ), Developer
- Marcel Giannelia (Felix), Office Manager of Record
- Kevin Battersby, Customer Service
- Monique N. Dubord (MoniQ), Media Production & Services
- Josie Bannerman, Grant Writer & Information Analyst