services and rates
ViFA was the first public Internet service provider (ISP) in Victoria. We offer Internet access, website and server hosting capacity at low cost to the consumer.
To meet growing information and communications technological needs of community and service agencies, and to show their essential value, we are expanding services to offer expertise to not-for-profits, small businesses and professionals to help develop and manage websites, e-mail, Moodle educational content, custom database systems and more! Entrepreneurs welcome!
Contact us to add on a service below or request a consultation to receive more assistance with planning, development and implementation of your requirements.
- Dialup Internet Access, many options to fit your budget >>
- Domain Service $30/year.
- Mail Hosting 1 E-Mail address $25/year.
- Identity Package $50/year (Domain and 1 E-Mail Address).
- Mail Hosting multiple E-Mail addresses $100/year.
- Web Hosting $92/year (without Domain Services).
- Web Package $125/year (Domain, Website,1 E-Mail).
- Community Colocation Services $180/quarter.
- Commercial Colocation Services $300/quarter.
- Web Streaming Services; audio and video.
- Additional Backup and Tech Support services available.
It is more important than ever to present a consistent online identity! Start by registering your unique domain name with us.
Domain Service is $30/year. We handle all aspects of owning a domain name for you, including ensuring your DNS zone is correctly configured and served from two redundant nameservers, and of course making sure annual renewals happen on time. We ensure transfers — whether you're coming or going — happen smoothly.
Website & E-mail Hosting
Now that you have an exclusive domain name setup, we can provide you with Web and Mail Hosting to suite your needs.
Mail Hosting for a single email address is $25/year; and for multiple E-mail addresses is $100/year. Web Hosting is $92/year (without Domain Services); or choose our Web Package for $125/year which includes Domain Services, Web Hosting and a single E-mail address all-in-one.
We host personal and professional services and are happy to refine them to meet your requirements. Website updates, design, media production and programming can be requested at $50/hour; projects negotiable.
Maybe you have more than one online operation going and want more freedom and control over your enterprise. Time to manage your own server or move it to a secure location?
Free-Net provides the most affordable Server Hosting - CoLocation Services! We maintain a secured and air conditioned server facility to host not-for-profit servers at $60/month, and for-profit servers at $100/month. Server colocation with us provides a 10Mb/s Synchronous Internet Access connection, power hookup, an onsite power backup facility, and skilled server administration to help you monitor your requirements such as daily backups and activity logs.
Additional service requests are $50/hour; projects negotiable. Contact us for information on Audio and Video Streaming Services.
Online Community Services
ArtCommons.ca Shop. Show. n'Sell. is an online community service in launch phase currently recruiting Shop Merchants to open their own independent shop! Our grass roots team of volunteers build shops and assist Shop Merchants to acquire the skills to run their own businesses. Email Sell [at] artcommons.ca
- 1) ArtCommons.ca provides you with an eCommerce Platform, 1 shop free of charge. There are no upfront fees and no need for your credit card information. You partner directly with Canada Post and PayPal.
- 2) ArtCommons.ca is a Community eCommerce MarketPlace! The more artists, designers, crafts people and vintage collectors run an independent ArtCommons shop the more we build a following that will promote and support the whole community.
- 3) Buyers do not need a membership to shop!
A Shop will compliment your existing business practices. You can run your online Shop all year round, from any computer anywhere, anytime! Free-Net and ArtCommons.ca are parnering together to help artists and artisans find ways to make a living through their work! E-mail Sell [at] artcommons.ca for more information.
Non-Profits and Small Business, etc.
Free-Net wants to collaborate with non-profits, small businesses and professionals to help them develop in the areas of Moodle, WordPress, media design and database programming (HTML, Perl, PHP, MySQL).
Contact us to negotiate a package, or enquire about potential funding opportunities on a per project basis.
We are excited about expanding our online infrastructure to increase community capacity for education and training, and look forward to building partnerships with local community agencies and professionals to create unique content.