[Advisors] news from N.S. & Ontario

Brian Beaton brianbeaton at knet.ca
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:54:41 -0600 (CST)

Marita ... Does that mean that the government is going to fund public
libraries in every community so public access is available in small remote
and rural communities where no libraries presently exist (I doubt
it[smiles])? The present funding model for public libraries make them
unsustainable and unavailable in most remote and rural communities.

This statement by Clement just further demonstrates how out of touch this
government along with most people are with what is happening in the rest
of the country outside of their comfortable urban environments.

Brian Beaton
K-Net Services Coordinator
Keewaytinook Okimakanak
Box 1439, 115 King Street