[Advisors] Openparliament.ca

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:10:25 +0000

Hi all,

Its rather interesting.  This week I am in a very remote community in Nunav=
ut (Arctic Bay) enabling a project on E-Story Telling.  Staying in the same=
 hotel with me (actually the ONLY hotel in town) are two guys for the Depar=
tment of National Defence.  Both these guys had to do tours of duty in Afgh=
anistan and they were saying that even in the most remote back-woods areas =
in that country, they had better internet speeds than we do in this communi=
ty.  AND THIS IS CANADA!  When will our government see that there is just s=
omething wrong with this picture?

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education