[Advisors] "digital strategy" canada?

James Van Leeuwen jvl at ventus.ca
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:53:25 -0700

I agree with Michael and Bernie.=20

I think digital inclusion is a natural focal point around which to =
explore collaboration.

James

On 2013-02-25, at 6:29 AM, bhart@ca.inter.net wrote:

> Quoting michael gurstein <gurstein@gmail.com>:
>> Maybe Kristina and all rather than carrying this discussion forward =
in the
>> abstract and focusing on participation in conferences and so on, it =
might be
>> better to identify a specific area of possible common interest and =
start
>> working on how a collaborative approach might be developed.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Michael,
> I agree with your suggested approach.  Not to cloud the issue but I =
suggest we consider the possibility of including the Fed/Prov Computer =
Recycling Programs within our plans. Obviously many of those who do not =
have access at present also do not have a computer. Ind Can has seen fit =
to continue funding the Recycling Program and I think they might be =
willing to include CAP sites or those wihout equipment within the list =
of recipients. Up until two years age I was Chair of the Nova Scotia =
program and we did have an arrangemet which allowed people in need to =
acquire equipment and we often donated to CAP sites. However, I suspect =
any arrangements which are to be developed will have to be done on a =
province by province basis.