[Advisors] How do you teach digital literacy -- CIRA forum

bhart@ca.inter.net bhart at ca.inter.net
Mon, 04 Mar 2013 07:17:31 -0500

Quoting Marita Moll <mmoll@ca.inter.net>:
> The concept of digital literacy as something we need to teach
> schoolchildren is limiting our ability to discuss and address this
> problem across generations and locations. And it continues to enable
> policy makers to avoid addressing the bigger issue.
==============================
Marita,
In my view you have summed up the problem very well. I believe we need
a re-definition of the CAP Program which is appropriate for 2013. Too
many people are still thinking of the initial role played by CAP.  We
have gone far beyond that and a new statement and a new approach are
required. I spent my entire working life in one form of education or
another and I am concerned that so few communities see their schools
as learning/training centres for all.
Bernie Hart
Chebucto Community Net