[Advisors] CIRA community improvement fund -- input needed

Monique Chartrand monique.chartrand at communautique.qc.ca
Fri Nov 22 10:52:10 PST 2013

Bonjour Marita,

Great news !

As a suggestion and to promote appropriation of Fab Labs by communities, we could build a pilot-project to implement the idea of Fablabs. As in the beginning of CAP-Sites, funding could be used toward acquisition of equipment and training of local resources to build an infrastructure of labs. In regard of training, this could help small community to develop 21st century digital skills (3D design, electronics, etc) and micro-production facility.

Considering the future development of the internet of objects and the everlasting digital gap, it could have a positive impact on our communities, as we've seen with échoFab. As of now, many countries have similar plans of their own, often in rural or semi-rural areas. We can even imagine some CAP-Site becoming project leaders in that field.

Bonne journée,

Monique

Monique Chartrand
Directrice générale