[Advisors] Re TC and Bill C-51

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Fri Apr 10 10:27:24 PDT 2015

I agree - especially since, when it passes as it will, the act of radical dissent inherent in signing such a petition demonstrates an intent to destabilize peace, order, and good government in Canada. Dissent are us!

This morning a friend sent me an article from the New York Times re censorship by the “Great Cannon” in China. <http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/technology/china-is-said-to-use-powerful-new-weapon-to-censor-internet.html?emc=eta1&_r=0>

There’s quote in it that reads:
> “The position of the Chinese government is that efforts to serve what it views as hostile content inside China’s borders is a hostile and provocative act that is a threat to its regime stability and ultimately its national security.”

Sad that it reads just as well revised as follows:
“The position of the Canadian government is that efforts to serve what it views as hostile content inside Canada's borders is a hostile and provocative act that is a threat to its regime stability and ultimately its national security.”

GG