[Advisors] Comment to CRTC Basic service review

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sun Feb 7 17:48:53 PST 2016

Since I have commitment tomorrow, and since things always go wrong when
you leave them to the last minute, I have just submitted our comment
letter to the CRTC.

In a nutshell -- yes, we think broadband belongs in the basic service
basket, the minimum speeds for uploading and downloading need to be
revised, we ask that the CRTC support community-based broadband
initiatives and find new ways of funding broadband as public infrastructure.

Thanks to those of you (you know who you are) who helped put this
together.  I attach a pdf of the document.  I will ask Ian to post it on
our website.