[Advisors] Comment to CRTC Basic service review

David Murdoch davidjmurdoch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:35:03 PST 2016

Thanks for your efforts on this submission Marita.

A couple of questions for us to ponder:

How large a constituency, when including like-minded groups, do you think
are represented by this, and future opportunities for TC to submit?

What opportunities are there to increase the quantity of data related to
our arena of interest? More Open Data could possibly more accurately
support our positions in future but only if the data exists. Canadians
often look south (ie Pew) to find supporting references.

BTW this just came into my mailbox:

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:56 PM, James McKinney <jamespetermckinney at gmail.com
> wrote in [civicaccess-discuss]:

As part of the Open Government Partnership, the Independent Reporting
Mechanism researcher, Mary Francoli, has published her evaluation of the
government’s progress on its commitments. The report is now open for
comment:

http://www.opengovpartnership.org/node/8597

See also her piece in the Hill Times:
http://www.hilltimes.com/opinion/2016/02/08/open-government-at-a-crossroad-canada-needs-better-funding-and-access-to-information/45138

For example, page 7 (English version) of the report relates to digital
literacy.

David Murdoch

--
David Murdoch
   East River, Nova Scotia Phone: (902) 277-0766