[Advisors] Community sites -- where art thou?

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Jan 7 17:49:39 PST 2016

Hello all. I am speaking with a consultant tomorrow who is trying to
figure out the current community networking landscape in Canada. I know
a lot of former CAP sites are no longer around.  But some public access
infrastructure still exists --

Prov. orgs:  PCNA, NS C at P, Man. E-Learning, N-CAP, Ont. CAP (is this
still going?), others?

Freenets/public service providers: NCF, VCN, Chebucto, Victoria FreeNet,
Calgary Community Net, Lethbridge Community Net (60 public access computers)

Individual sites: lots of sites in N.S. , Communautique (Quebec), sites
in libraries & community centers (any lists anywhere).

Please help fill in this rather sorry picture.