[Advisors] YI Program

Bev Collins bev at pcna.ca
Fri Sep 12 06:54:40 PDT 2014

Good morning everyone,

This note goes out to those of us delivering YI this year.   We are ONE week away from the end of summer.  The revised PIF for this year has changed the eligibility for the SWE stream.  The PIF says "engaged over summer".  This is new.  I first assumed that "either/or" would be ok ... meaning if they did not qualify under that but one of the other criteria would be ok (option D).
After checking with Vixay her response was "could I hire these YI by the end of October?"  SO...option B does matter - and the SWE stream must be hired or engaged over the summer (or extended to November 12) if you request the extension.    If you have a lot of youth to roll out under SWE please make sure you get the extension.

Bev

At the time of intake/selection, you were:

A)        Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)                                                                         *

B)        Engaged over the Summer (up to November 12, 2014)                                                               *

C)        A Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident and legally entitled to work in Canada               *
D)       A student intending to return to school in the fall after the internship                                       *

E)        Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits                                                         *